HEMET GLOBAL MEDICAL CENTER
As a Primary Stroke hospital, Hemet Global Medical Center offers stroke emergency evaluation and intervention, stroke workup, stroke treatment, and post-discharge follow up in accordance with guidelines set forth by the American Heart Association.
Hemet Global Medical Center has received a Primary Stroke Certification by Healthcare Facilities Accreditation Program (HFAP). Our highly trained stroke team includes board-certified emergency physicians, neurologists and radiologists, who are devoted to delivering exceptional patient care. Time is precious when the onset of stroke symptoms first occur and our team is skilled and experienced in treating stroke symptoms, fast.
A stroke occurs when the brain is deprived of sufficient blood flow, leading to an interruption in the delivery of vital oxygen and nutrients. A delayed disruption of normal blood flow can cause lasting damage to brain tissue. The key to recovery is the administration of treatment within the first couple of hours after having had a stroke. This has been shown to improve long term outcomes.
Hemet Global Medical Center offers stroke emergency evaluation and intervention, stroke workup, stroke treatment, and post-discharge follow-up in accordance with guidelines set forth by the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association.
Use B. E. F.A.S.T. to remember and recognize the following signs of a stroke:
We provide a wide range of care and options for our patients, including:
- Emergency rapid screening
- Dedicated stroke team
- 24-hour access to stroke neurology, neurosurgical, endovascular specialists
- Rapid radiology, including CT and MRI scanning
- Ultrasonography, doppler, and echocardiography
- Rehab services (Speech, Physical and Occupational therapy)
- IV Thrombolytic therapy (tPA)
- Neuro-critical nursing units
- Comprehensive inpatient rehabilitation services
- Stroke education programs
- Community outreach
We also provide our patients with the latest technology to quickly and accurately assess and treat a stroke along with the effects it might have on our patients.
- Alteplase Clot Buster (tPA)
- Electrocardiogram (EKG)
- Chest X-ray
- Carotid ultrasound
- Transthoracic Echocardiography Ultrasound (ECHO)
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging Study (MRI)
Our Stroke Department is available to provide additional information and can be reached at (951) 652-2811 or stroke@KPCHealth.com.